Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is the place

I am a Ducks fan. A huge one. 

The only problem is that I live in Utah. I stay on top of things as much as I can. 

I read the rumors, a few blogs, and hope to start my center ice subscription this fall.

I grew up in Southern California as a Kings fan. I loved to watch Robitaille, Nichols, Gretzky, Coffey, Kurri and all the other great L.A. Kings of the early 90's. However, Robitaille left the Kings and to me that was too sad. The Ducks were new in town, run by Disney, and exciting. The Kariya and Selanne relationship lured me away from L.A. to become an Anaheim fan. 

I moved to Michigan during those years and stayed true to the Ducks even though the Red Wings won the Cup twice. 

I lived in Rio de Janeiro as the Ducks went to the Stanley Cup finals and had my girlfriend's brother, now brother in law, record every single game for me. It's not easy to watch a hockey game in Brazil. 

Now I am back to reality and watching every Ducks game I possibly can. 

This blog is dedicated to those who love the game of hockey and the ice it is played on in Southern California. 


No comments: